S. Chiara
Community ID
 
177
 
Town
 
Lucca
 
Region
 
Tuscany
 
Medieval Location
 
Borghi inside town as of 1416 / place Gattaiola (1378) / town (1349) / S. Salvatore di Fuecchio
 
Modern Location
 
Borghi
 
Corporate Status
 
Abbey
 
Dedication
 
Saint Clare
 
Date Terminated
 
1811
 
Religious Order
 
Dominican (previous order uncertain)
 
Incorporated By
 

S. Micheletto (See S. Micheletto), in 1811

 
Patrons/Benefactors
 

Paolo Guinigi, a Signeur of the town, established the community inside one of his houses, before it was rebuilt in 1416

 
Assets/Property
 

Assets were transferred to S. Salvatore di Fuecchio, an ancient male monastery near the town. Privileges granted by Pope Alexander IV.

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

inscription dating from 1430. The house was renovated for Cappuchin monks after 1811.

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Finished
 
1811
 
Length
 
305