S. Maria del Fiore
Community ID
 
125
 
Alternate Names
 
Lapo / S. Alessandro / Chiara Fontana / S. Giovanni Battista di Pietrafitta
 
Town
 
Fiesole
 
Region
 
Tuscany
 
Medieval Location
 
Pietrafitta , outside the porta S. Gallo/ later moved within the city of Florence, c. 1349
 
Modern Location
 
Currently the male house of S. Francesco, in Fiesole
 
Dedication
 
Saint Mary/ Saint Alexander / Saint John the Baptist
 
Date Founded
 
1330
 
Date Terminated
 
1808
 
Religious Order
 
Augustinian as of 1350
 
Population Counts
 

38 in 1348

 
Priveleges & Papal Exemptions
 

1413: Pope John XXII

 
Patrons/Benefactors
 

Messer Giovanni Martino (1347) / Lina Gherardini Nelli (1350)

 
Assets/Property
 

Received gifts from benefactors and alms from the citizens of Florence

 
Early Documents
 

1333

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

location 3 become the male monastery S. Francesco. Notable remains of the women's community at this location

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Started
 
1330
 
Date Finished
 
1808
 
Length
 
483