S. Maria della Neve
Community ID
 
110
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Maria delle Scalze (after1339) / S. Maria Intemperata
 
Town
 
Florence
 
Region
 
Tuscany
 
Medieval Location
 
via S. Gallo, in a location called Camporeggi, in the popolo S. Lorenzo (1339) / The location before 1339 is uncertain
 
Modern Location
 
Camporeggi
 
Dedication
 
Saint Mary
 
Date Founded
 
1339 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1435 (see "Incorporated By," below)
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine (Valombrosian after 1383)
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Population Counts
 

1 in 1435

 
Incorporated Communities
 

S. Girolamo (See S. Jacopo), 1383.

 
Incorporated By
 

S. Agata (See S. Agata), 1435. The buildings were donated to the canons of the town by Pope Eugenius IV.

 
Dependency Of
 

Paid an annual tax of wax to the church of S. Lorenzo in Florence. After 1383, the house was under the cura monialum of the abboto of S. Maria degli Scalzi (A Valombrosian monastery in the city of Florence).

 
Assets/Property
 

owned 12 houses in the popolo S. Lorenzo, and a house in the Piazza S. Croce

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Started
 
1339
 
Date Finished
 
1435
 
Length
 
681