S. Maria di Chiaravalle
Community ID
 
546
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Maria de Monte Collis Alti/de Clenti/de Villa Magna/de Claravallis
 
Town
 
Fiastra
 
Diocese
 
Camerino (Macerata after 1320)
 
Region
 
Marche
 
Corporate Status
 
Abbey
 
Religious Order
 
Cistercian
 
Incorporated Communities
 

Incorporated the cell of S. Croce de Clenti (diocese of Fermo) in 1260, by provision of Alexander IV.

 
Incorporated By
 

In 1580, Gregory XIII donated the house and its affiliates to the Jesuit Roman College.

 
Dependency Of
 

Chiaravalle (diocese of Milan) in 1141.

 
Admin. Notes
 

original citation referred to "Ovidi, E. __Le cante della abbazia di chiaravalle di Fiastra,__ vol. 1-2. Ancona: 1980."

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder; Marie Kelleher
 
Length
 
634