S. Maria a Querceto
Community ID
 
105
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Maria Querceti
 
Town
 
Florence
 
Region
 
Tuscany
 
Medieval Location
 
via Saint Gallo, popolo S. Lorenzo
 
Modern Location
 
Querceto
 
Dedication
 
Saint Mary
 
Date Founded
 
1309 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1445
 
Religious Order
 
Camaldolese
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

According to Cottineau, the community was founded by the Abbesses from S. Giovanni Battista di Boldrone (See S. Giovani Battista di Boldrone)

 
Population Counts
 

4 in 1445

 
Patrons/Benefactors
 

In 1309, Giovanni di Migliore Chiermontesi ceded property for building, on the condition that the community have no fewer than 4 nuns

 
Assets/Property
 

When the hospital of Bonifazio was terminated, Pope Eugenius IV donated their property to S. Maria

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Started
 
1309
 
Date Finished
 
1445
 
Length
 
276